Neurotoxin Injections – Edmond, OK
Smooth Your Skin, Turn Back the Clock
The idea of getting a neurotoxin injected into your body can be intimidating, but the truth is that certain neurotoxins can be very safe and help smooth your skin. Dr. Crowley is proud to offer precise, effective neurotoxin injections that have the potential to greatly reduce the appearance of movement-based wrinkles and help you turn back the clock on your appearance. If you are interested in learning more about this cosmetic treatment, contact Bluff Creek Dental in Edmond today to request a consultation.
What Are Neurotoxin Injections?
In a cosmetic setting, neurotoxin injections involve the use of diluted toxins that block nerve receptors in the facial muscles. By doing so, they limit the movement of those muscles, helping the face to relax and greatly reducing the appearance of movement-based wrinkles. The treatment is fast, and the results can last for several months at a time.
BOTOX is the most famous type of injectable neurotoxin, but there are other brands that offer similar results. Simply ask our team if you would like to learn about the specific products that we use in our office.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Neurotoxin Injections?
Neurotoxin injections might be suitable for you if:
- You want to look younger. Neurotoxin injections can greatly reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, lines around the mouth, forehead lines, lines between the eyebrows, and more. Often, patients who receive neurotoxin injections are in their late 20s or older.
- You struggle with symptoms of TMJ disorder (TMD). If you have jaw pain, persistent headaches, sore facial muscles, and other related symptoms, you might have TMD. Neurotoxins are often used to provide significant pain relief.
- You do not have any contraindications. Our team will thoroughly screen you to make sure you do not have any medical conditions that would make it inadvisable for you to receive neurotoxin injections.
Benefits of Neurotoxin Injections
Some noteworthy benefits of neurotoxin injections include:
- The results can last for months at a time, and they are more noticeable than the results you could get from even the best at-home skincare routine.
- When properly administered, neurotoxin injections involve very little risk.
- You may start to notice improvements in your appearance within just a few days of your injections.
- Neurotoxin injection treatments are fast and require no downtime
- The treatment is cost-effective when compared to surgical cosmetic options.
- When used with other TMD treatments, neurotoxin injections may provide long-lasting relief from jaw pain.